Being able to repair items helps reduce waste and save money. I’ve learnt to look into the repairability of items before I purchase them and I’m learning how to fix things, but sometimes I need help from an expert. I think part of the reason people don’t get their items repaired is because they can’t find the right people or businesses to do it. This page lists businesses I have found that are able to repair household and personal items. The page has been arranged alphabetically by township to make finding your local businesses easier and then alphabetically by business name. I will continue to add to this resource as I discover new places and I encourage everyone to share their own discoveries in the comments at the bottom. This way it can become a more comprehensive resource for people all across Gippsland.
Also, don’t forget to check your local community house for courses on mending and repairing things like clothing, sewing machines, bicycles and more.
Boots ‘n’ Keys*
- Available via AJ Footwear 79 Nicholson St.
- Shoe and bag repairs.
- 21 Hearn Street, Drouin
- Vacuum repairs
Mr. Sharp Mobile Knife Sharpening*
- Mobile service
- Kitchen knives, garden & workshop tools, peelers, paper cutters, pizza cutters, mandolin blades, food processor blades (Robot Coupe), florist tools, scissors, lawn mower blades, and grooming tools.
Hopwoods Repair Service
(03) 5655 2354
- Appliance repairs.
- 13 Michael Place, Leongatha [2 doors down from the local library]
- Repair, service, hire, and restoration of all types of bikes. The staff pride themselves on the ‘repair’ rather than ‘replace’ mindset.
- 201 Raymond St, Sale
- Shoe repairs.
Appserv Electrical Appliance Service
- 1/168 Queen St, Warragul
- Large electrocial appliance repairs e.g. stoves, dishwashing machines, microwave ovens, washing machines and dryers.
Warragul Computer Repair*
- 4 Smith St, Warragul
- All desktop and laptop computer repairs including Mac, Windows and Linux.
Warragul Shoe Repair
- 4 Smith St, Warragul VIC 3820
- Shoe repairs, handbags and other industrial sewing needs.
Wonthaggi Sewing Centre
- 167 Graham Street, Wonthaggi
- Sewing machine repairs
Wrench’s Footwear Wonthaggi*
- 145 – 147 Graham Street, Wonthaggi
- Shoe repairs
* I have not visited these stores. These have been recommended to me by the people living in the area.
List other businesses or organisations
This page is for Gippsland businesses or organisations who can repair common household and personal items, supporting a sustainable lifestyle.
If you think a business or organisation should be listed, please leave the name and location of the business in the comments below, with a web address if possible. Thank you.