- 6 Service Street, Bairnsdale
- Bulk dry goods.
DiGrandis’ Quality Cut Butchers
- 58 Commercial Place, Drouin
- Allows customers to use their own containers.
Natural Living Foster*
- 1 Bridge Street, Foster
- Plastic free living products.
Please visit the websites for details on which markets stallholders will be at.
- Natural handmade personal care products. Many sold plastic free or package free.
- Gournet muesli can be ordered in bulk bags and is sometimes available at markets loose for you to use your own bag.
Larkrise Eco Clean
- All natural cleaning products, handmade in Foster. Bulk purchases possible.
The Nut Bloke Food Store
- Bulk nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Bring your own bags and container.
Udder and Hoe
- Tucked behind Kilcunda General Store
- Showcasing Gippsland’s finest produce and supporting plastic free living.
- 2 Silkstone Road, Korumburra
- Fresh produce grown within 60 kilometres of the store. Local olive oil is available in bulk and tries to eliminate plastic from the store.
Leongatha Health, Nutrition and Wholefoods
- 21 McCartin Street, Leongatha
- Bulk dry goods, personal care products, olive oil, honey, vinegar, and cleaning products.
- 186 Commercial Road, Morwell
- Some bulk dry goods
127 Marine Parade, San Remo
- Bulk dry goods (nuts, teas, spices, baking ingredients, dried fruit), personal care products, vinegar, soy sauce, and cleaning products.
Hillies Meats & Produce
- 119 Marine Pde, San Remo
- Happy to use your containers and will take calls to save unwrapped roasts and corned beef.
- 115-117 South Gippsland Hwy, Tooradin
- Bulk baking ingredients, dried herbs, spices, fruit, nuts, and other plastic free living products.
- Markets, cafes and Trafalgar
- Wholesaler and prepared food supplier. Customers can place orders for lunch and dinner meals and even order a whole week’s worth of wholesome, nutritious meals – in your own reusable containers!
Manny’s Market Traralgon
- 39 Post Office Place Traralgon
- Bulk dry goods such as nuts, lentils, beans, coconut flakes, fruit, lollies, chocolate buttons and treats.
Baw Baw Food Hub*
- 4/133 North Road, Warragul, Tuesdays only, 3pm-6pm
- Bulk dry goods and vegetable boxes.
Earth Market Café
- 35 Victoria St, Warragul, Victoria
“We are excited to announce that our goal is to eventually become a plastic free cafe! Although this takes time, we are beginning with minimising our plastic usage such as straws and bags. Through this process we encourage our customers to bring their own containers and coffee cups for takeaway meals, salads and drinks. This will help assist us in doing our part in reducing plastic wastage.
For those who bring in their own reusable containers, along with our coffee cups, there will be a discount on purchases!”
- 3 Williams Square Warragul
- healersshack.com / www.mysticgypsyshop.com
- Stocks canvas bags, reusable stainless steel travel mugs, and sell recycled cushion inserts with all of our cushions which are derived from recycled water bottles. We aim to reduce, reuse and recycle in every way possible and to continually learn, grow, share and contribute to sustaining a clean earth.
Rhodes Quality Butcher
- 43 Smith Street, Warragul
- Allows customers to use their own containers and does not cover food with plastic wrap.
- 5/12 Victoria St Warragul VIC 3820
- (03) 56110869
“We love it when our customers bring reusable containers for their antipasto, charcuterie and cheese. To encourage people to do this, we cook a dinner each year for our most sustainable customers. We only use paper carry bags or reusable material bags, and for those who don’t bring their own reusable tubs, our deli tubs are biodegradable. We try to avoid excessive packaging wherever possible.”
String + Salt
- 42 Smith Street, Warragul
- Many plastic free products for the home. Bulk spices, herbs, salts and teas, plus preserving, bread and beer making supplies; seeds and gardening accessories.
The Shot House*
- 2 Village Walk, Yarragon
- Kombucha refills and coffee beans (bring a reusable ziplock bag with out gassing valve).
* I have not visited these stores. These have been recommended to me by the people living in the area.
List other businesses or organisations
This page is for businesses and organisations who want to let Gippslanders and visitors to the region know that they support plastic free and zero waste living through their products and services.
The business or organisation does not need to be all zero waste or plastic free. For example, the business might be a cafe that accepts reusable containers or refuses disposable straws, or a store that sells some products in bulk allowing customers to use their own bags or jars.
If you want to list a business, please leave the business details in the comments below or email me (Tammy) at email@example.com. Thank you.