The roses in our garden are flowering so I thought I’d have a go at making rose petal lemonade. It has a lovely taste and makes a great zero waste treat. This very simple recipe will make about 750ml, enough to fit in one flip top bottle. Keep an eye out for the explosion of pink that happens when you add the lemon juice.
- Collect enough rose petals to fill one cup. Make sure the roses haven’t been sprayed with anything.
- Steep the petals in 2 cups of boiling water for 30mins.
- Strain the petals from the liquid using cheese cloth or something similar. Cool the liquid completely on the bench or in the fridge.
- Next make the syrup by boiling one cup of water, mix in one cup of sugar, stir till dissolved then cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix the rose petal liquid into the cooled syrup, and the add the strained juice of three lemons.
- Bottle and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy.